Your health and safety are our #1 priority so that's why we've put in the following protocols based on the CDC and American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) guidelines.
1) We have a significantly reduced patient schedule in order to ensure social distancing and reduce waiting room occupancy.
2) All patients and staff will have their temperature checked daily with a non-contact thermometer before entering the office. No exceptions.
3) All patients are required to answer a series of health questions regarding recent health problems, potential contacts as well as travel history.
4) All patients and staff will be required to wear masks 100% of the time. If you do not have a mask, a mask will be provided but it is expected that you wear a mask to the office in compliance with rules issued by the City of Los Angeles and the State of California.
5) Strict hand washing protocols have been implemented and gloves will be worn when the staff deems it appropriate.
6) We are limiting family members in the office and exam room. Unless there's a compelling reason, for example a young child or family member who needs help, family should stay in the car or at our outside seating area.
7) We are happy to text patients from their cars letting them know when we are ready for them if they prefer to wait in the car after checking into the office.
8) We have always been extremely meticulous with our cleaning protocols We are now being even more meticulous! We clean every door handle, chair, countertop, exercise equipment in between all patients.
9) Patients will not be seated next to each other in the lobby or in the gym.
10)Lastly but of most importance, Do NOT come to the office if you feel sick, have the beginning of a sore throat, cough, chills, aches or pains. We would much prefer you cancel at the last minute than come into the office in a questionable state of health. Thank you!
For those of you who cannot come to the office or do not yet feel comfortable to schedule an appointment due to COVID19, we are offering TELEHEALTH visits as well. These visits are great for follow ups, check in's and exercise progression.
For those of you who cannot come to the office or do not yet feel comfortable to schedule an appointment, we are offering TELEHEALTH visits as well. These visits are great for follow ups, check in's and exercise progression.
Once you have decided that physical therapy is right for you, call the office and we will be more than happy to schedule an appointment for your initial evaluation. If you are coming without a prescription from a doctor, you are allowed 12 visits before a prescription is required.
If you have been given a prescription by your doctor, the amount of visits are determined by your doctor based on your needs.
We accept Medicare and most private insurance plans and PPO's. We do not accept any HMO insurance plans or Workers Compensation. Please call our office to see if we are providers for your insurance plan. As a courtesy, we will call your insurance company and verify your plan's physical therapy benefits.
You will be asked to bring your prescription from your medical doctor and provide your insurance/medical card as well as fill out some initial paperwork. You will then be evaluated by one of our physical therapists who will ask you to provide information on your injury followed by an assessment of strength, range of motion, flexibility, palpation of the injured area , and balance. Your physical therapist will then make an assessment based upon your diagnosis and the findings above and implement an appropriate treatment and exercise program.
Bring or wear appropriate clothing such as a t-shirt or tank top for shoulder, neck and back injuries; shorts for knee and ankle injuries.
Each visit generally lasts 1 hr and on occasion 1.5 hrs. Much of this time is spent with the physical therapist however the physical therapy aide may set you up with heat, ice or ultrasound and also guide you through simple exercises.
The physical therapists at RSPT have over 30 years of combined experience in the South Bay. We have consistently seen patients from nearly all the local orthopedic surgeons, the physicians at Kerlan and Jobe and many internists and other specialists. After the initial evaluation, if there are any further questions, need an MRI/X-ray results or post operative reports, your physician will be contacted. In addition, each subsequent visit to your physician is preceded by a progress note from us that outlines your physical therapy program and progress. The treatments that you receive from RSPT will be communicated often with your physician and your entire treatment will be seamless.
Most patients are treated two to three times per week. The total duration of physical therapy will depend on the severity of your injury. The more committed you are to your recovery, the more likely you are to recover faster. We set up permanent appointment times, two to three weeks in advance, to help make scheduling consistent and convenient.
Some patients will need to continue with home exercises. Other patients will have completed their rehabilitation and can return to normal daily activities. Others may even wish to continue with a gym exercise program. It is important that you communicate with your therapist to set up your long-term goals.
Contact Riviera Sports Physical Therapy in Redondo Beach, California with additional questions about our physical therapy or personal training services.